Registration is now OPEN!
This year’s theme, “Raíces de Excelencia: La Cultura Cura”, urges us to leverage the strength of our cultura, fostering solidarity through communal learning, critical consciousness, and shared agency. The primary aim is to empower and enable Latina/o/x professionals to thrive in higher education.
In addition, this year’s Pre-Conference Strands will focus on the following areas:
- La Escalera Live! This pre-conference is for those interested in applying for a new position in the community college system. We will conduct resume and cover letter review, mock interviews and a session on how to negotiate your salary. All participants will have an opportunity to take a professional headshot.
- Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) This pre-conference is dedicated to advancing equity and holistic student success at Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs). This preconference offers a unique opportunity to explore a range of topics crucial to fostering liberatory and integrated learning environments and promoting Latinx student success, including LBCCs Seal of Excelencia Journey, Integration of HSI and SEA practices, leading Guided Pathways through a Servingness Lens, Building Belonging and Community at HSIs, HSI Embracing Practices and Nuts and Bolts of Grant Implementation.
- Undocu Ally Professionals This pre-conference will support Undocu Ally professionals by providing them with key information that will help them serve their Undocu students and provide awareness, knowledge and skills to best serve undocumented students. This session will provide key updates on legal services, provide a community college’s experience with advance parole program where students went to Guanajuato to a Binational Conference, networking and round table conversations and the Chancellor’s Office will provide key updates on initiatives that support undocumented students.
- CEO Symposium The CEO Symposium is for Latinx California Community College chancellors, superintendent/presidents and presidents and allies from across the state. CEOs will engage in table pláticas to address the challenging issues and transformational opportunities to advance our comunidad Latina. This CEO-only pre conference will be centered in Latinx professional and student success, providing a space to share information, promising practices, and network with colleagues in an informal environment.
Conference Dates: November 1, 2023 4:00 PM (PDT) -November 3, 2023 4:00 PM (PDT)
Pre-Conference Date: November 1, 2023 10:00 AM -3:00 PM (PDT)
Register for Conference Here>
Reserve your Hotel Room Here>
Call for Workshop Proposals
We welcome proposal submissions from faculty, classified professionals and administrators in the CCCs, system partners, practitioners, researchers, and community members that align with the conference’s topic goals, emphasizing the profound impact of culture as a healing force in the pursuit of excellence.
Below are our Conference Strands aligned with our Learning Goals:
- Racial Allyship for collective impact and excellence
- Liberatory Practices that embrace la Cultura Latina
- Teaching and Learning to serve la comunidad Latina
- Revitalizing the Healers: Cultivating Healing Practices
Deadline to submit: September 15, 2023