Website Long Beach City College
Under the direction of the Executive Team, the Associate Vice President serves as the primary senior administrative officer at the Pacific Coast Campus and is responsible for ensuring that all operations of the campus function appropriately and in alignment with District goals, policies, and procedures. In consultation and collaboration with the Executive Team and appropriate administrative managers and staff, the Associate Vice President will plan, organize, coordinate and direct programs, services, and activities at the Pacific Coast Campus to ensure that all instructional, student services, and operations of the campus function effectively. The Associate Vice President will provide oversight for instructional and student services at the Pacific Coast Campus as assigned.
- Provide organizational and programmatic leadership and support to instructional and student services departments within the College as assigned.
- Provide leadership for strategic, operational, and long-range instructional planning and related educational and support services for the Pacific Coast Campus.
- Provide campus leadership and coordination in support of career, technical and emerging occupational education programs and services.
- Conduct needs analyses, market surveys and other research to identify viable and sustainable courses, programs and majors not currently offered at PCC and works collaboratively with deans, department heads, faculty and other relevant staff or external agencies to implement quality programs into the curriculum and schedule of classes.
- Coordinate the integration of the Pacific Coast Campus with other major components of the College.
- Act as the primary administrative liaison for the Pacific Coast Campus, provide direction to managers and staff for community outreach, involvement, and communication with leaders in the private and public sector as well as educational agencies to establish necessary resources for ongoing and new instructional programs and services, and make presentations as necessary to various groups within the District, community and state.
- Provide recommendations and assist the communications and marketing department and the Executive
- Team in promoting and enhancing the Pacific Coast Campus.
- In concert with other appropriate staff, provide coordination of facilities use at the Pacific Coast Campus.
- Administer Title IX regulations at the Pacific Coast Campus in coordination with the Title IX Coordinator.
- Provide management oversight for student conduct issues at the Pacific Coast Campus.
- Provide coordination and evaluation for specific instructional and student services programs as assigned.
- Provide and administer the annual budget for the Pacific Coast Campus.
- Coordinate the support of grounds and custodial staff.
- Provide administrative support for all campus events, celebrations, and functions in promotion of a positive image and student success at the Pacific Coast Campus.
- In coordination with the office of the Superintendent-President, attend community events on behalf of the Superintendent-President.
- Assist in identifying resources for development through grants and special projects; coordinate and assist in preparation of project applications for special funding to support the Pacific Coast Campus and District programs and services
- Assist in the supervision of the planning, development, construction and maintenance of the Pacific Coast Campus.
- Serve on District-wide councils, commissions, committees and task forces as necessary. Maintain current knowledge of new developments and innovations in community colleges and higher education in general; recommend changes to maintain relevance of programs and services to meet student and community needs.
- Administers area of responsibility in conformity with District policies, federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.